Bosskey

Register |
Forgot password?

Sony in Video Games

Well the latest DMC isnt made by capcom. And even Capcom has started to suck lately. Well I agree with you that Uncharted and Infamous are AAA titles. But there really isnt that much out there other then that. Many of these franchises have started on the PS3. Games like Jak and Daxter, Rachet and Clank havent gotten as much attention lately. I remember Klonoa on the PSX where is it now? Sony really needs a mascot and I kinda think many fans see Kratos as the current mascot.

Posted on May 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM

#
If I had to point out a mascot, Kratos would not be one of my choices. It would be either Sackboy or Nathan Drake. And even still, a mascot is hardly necessary in my opinion.
Regarding exclusive titles, I definitely believe that the PS3 had a better year in 2011 than the Xbox 360 had. I mean, what DID the Xbox even have last year? Gears of War 3? Forza 4? What else is worth mentioning? The remastered Halo game? Even the remastered God of War collection ended up with a higher metacritic score than the Halo game, albeit only slightly.

And still, while the Xbox 360 is outselling the PS3 in North America, the PS3 is leading in sales in Europe AND both regions combined.

Regarding Klonoa, while it was released for the Playstation way back when, it's made by Namco and Namco is hardly a company that develops games exclusively for Sony which is why a remake of the first game was released on the Wii a few years back.

Posted on May 6, 2012 at 8:14 AM

#
Well the ps3 has started to sell rather well lately because of the price cut and me buying it three times more then necessary :P Probably not the only one.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

The 360 is still ahead of the Ps3. But considering the 360 being a year older its not that big of a lead. Ill keep my Ps3 just because the exclusive One Piece game ^^

Posted on May 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM

#
Indeed the 360 is still ahead of the PS3 in total sold consoles, but that is of course, as you said, due to the fact that the 360 has been on the market for longer time. As the site you linked to yourself shows further down, the PS3 is currently selling more units on a global scale than the 360 which is the point I was trying to make above.

Honestly, I'm gonna stay a Sony fanboy (which you can probably hear on me) and I do believe the Playstation has a bright future with plenty of promise regarding both sales and exclusive titles ^_^

Posted on May 6, 2012 at 12:17 PM

#
Well I have never seen myself as a fanboy. If I am one then im a Nintendo Fanboy. But rest assured that Ill get a Sony console over a Microsoft one anytime.

edited by Muri on May 7, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Posted on May 7, 2012 at 9:31 AM

#
Leaked PS4 specs?

http://www.picvalley.net/u/2564/66019497913364665701335371811EYYTYMYO6t5DKeUrNGxF.JPG

CPU – Cell Broadband Engine X @ 3.2GHz – 16PPE’s – 128 SPE’s
GPU – Custom Nvidia/SCEI “quantum Leap” @2GHz
Memory – 10GB XDR2 + 10GB GDDR6
Storage Capacity – 250GB/320GB Model depending
OS – Sony Aether
Video Resolution – 2160p 2D – 1080p 3D
Audio – 11.1
Media Formats – PS4 Game Disc – PS3 Game Disc – PS2 Game Disc – PS1 Game Disc – HD Blu Ray Disc – DVD – CD
Controller Input – Dualshock 4 – Dualshock 3 – PS Iris – PS Vita – PS Omni – PS Certified Xperia – Sony Tablet – PS Move – PS Eye – Sixaxis
Connectivity – USB 3.0 – HDMI 1.4 – Bluetooth 4.0 – WiFi b/g/n – DLNA – Ethernet – PS Vita – Memory Cards SD/MMC/etc

Looks like another console that'll be expensive as hell on launch.. =P

-Just wondering about heat.. Even if it's a 22nm processor, a 3.2GHz Cell gets pretty stinkin hot.
-At least they won't run out of memory for damn many years with that setup..
-1080p standard resolution. Good. =)
-Backwards compatibility with all PS consoles... Hopefully.
-New DualShock.. I don't see what they can improve.. I love the DualShock as it is. Maybe just a function in it, like a microphone that no one will use.

edited by Jokerit on June 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 1:44 PM

#
Ohh.. that stuff looks SO rad! PS3, PS2, PS backwards compatibility (if that is what it means) is certainly a nice feature to see!

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 1:49 PM

#
Hopefully it does mean that!
They can't keep the PS2 alive forever, so with a new console, they gotta have PS2 support.
And then it'd be pretty stupid not to have PS3 support.

[Edit:]
Wow!

BDXL support!
100 GB of data should be enough, even for Metal Gear Solid 5 ;D

edited by Jokerit on June 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM

#
Honestly, the backwards compatibility is what tells me these specs are probably fake.

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM

#
They launched PS3 with backwards compatibility... Hopefully they learned from the fiasco of removing it.

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM

#
Including PS2 backwards compatibility basically requires including an entire PS2 within the hardware. They removed it because it cost them a ton of money to do that, and many of those people who only wanted a console that was backwards compatible had already bought one by that point.

Also, the more informed rumors suggest that Sony will be transitioning to an almost entirely digital library, so supporting discs from PS2 and PS1 makes very little sense.

Posted on June 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM

#
Metal Gear Solid 4 gets trophy support

This is totally not too late.

Posted on July 11, 2012 at 1:22 PM

#
Sony has two unannounced games for Gamescom

Posted on July 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

#
Looks like Sony has been busy!

Tearaway looks cool.

edited by Joshura on August 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Posted on August 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM

#
New PS3 redesign coming.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/sony-playstation-3-2012-up-close-and-personal-eyes-on/

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/19/sony-announces-a-new-ps3-the-latest-redesign-of-its-gaming/

Posted on September 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM

#
this... is... quite embarrassing. if you haven't heard of this already, here it is:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/youtube-strips-universal-_n_2347754.html

the reason why im not looking for a contract with the dinosaurs

Posted on January 21, 2013 at 4:31 AM

#
At 6 pm ET today, Sony will be revealing the PS4 (probably) via live stream here: https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/

Huzzah.

Posted on February 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM

#
So what do you guys think? Does the PS4 look interesting?

Posted on February 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM

#
i'm thinking...microsoft is gonna have a hard time topping the ps4

Posted on February 21, 2013 at 10:29 PM

#
I can't say I am that excited. The controller is okay. I really don't care for the share button. And the ability to have your friends play your game for you, that is just not what I am interested in doing. I don't need my friends to help to play my games. And yeah yeah I know its only an option, but a stupid button. IMO> lol

The console itself is really a beefed up PS3. Which is good. But we still haven't seen a price tag and that will be the deciding factor for myself. With the Vita being priced (with additions you need like memory card and such) over $300.00 dollars I can only imagine what th PS4 will be priced at. If its anything above $400.00 I would rather just purchase one badass computer.
I think Microsoft could come out with something comparable. We'll have to see. For myself none of the games they talked about are on my list of wants anyway. I would like to see more of the new SquareEnix "Luminous Engine". I think I'd rather wait till E3 till I decide which console I really want. I would also love to see a design difference with the PS4 vs. the previous console.

edited by Sintar on February 21, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Posted on February 21, 2013 at 10:59 PM

#